Jessica DeLine is San Diego-based independent filmmaker and founder of Dirty Feet Productions. Her recent credits include producing a running documentary on The Leona Divide Trail Race and PR/Marketing Consultant for “My Run” and is currently working on “The Eyes of Thailand” as an associate producer. Jessica is also the Producer/Director of the independent film “Staring at Headlights” and has Co-produced, Directed and Co-written over a dozen comedy shorts as part of the “RockTV” series. Jessica went to school for broadcasting and film in Minnesota, but relocated to California for better access to resources (and warmer weather!).
Jessica’s Running Bio
The abbreviated story for the short attention span era:
- I ran track in high school but hated longer distances
- From high school to my late 20′s I didn’t run a step
- I was a VERY casual runner prior to 2002 for about a year.
- In Oct 2002 I had open heart surgery to repair a leaky mitral valve.
- I started running a bit more consistently in 2003 but not during the cold Minnesota Winters.
- I ran my first ever 5K in the spring of 2003, finishing in about 32 minutes.
- In January 2005 I moved to Orange County, CA and have been running consistently even since.
- In 2006 I ran by first marathon (3 of them) and my first ultra (2 of them). Prior to that year I’d barely run more than a 10K race (I did a half marathon at the end of 2005). If I can do it – you can do it!
- In February of 2006 I started my trail running group – the Orange County Trail Runners.
- In February of 2007 I put on my first ultra marathon – the Twin Peaks 50/50.
- In August of 2008 I Moved to Portland and started the Portland Trail Runners group.
Happy Running & Dirty Feet,