Even the best laid plans can change from month to month. Week to week. Day to day. Below are the races I "hope" to run in 2010. I have only really planned them out for the first half of the year. In the spring I plan to start looking for work back in SoCal so I have no idea where I will be next year from May-December. I could be in Oregon all year or maybe in Cali as early as June or late fall. I'll just go with the flow! Planning ahead at least through June is fairly safe at this point and there are some races I have my eyes on to run in SoCal & Oregon for the second half of the year (as well as volunteer options).
I scrapped the LA Marathon for March. Reason #1 is I want a decent time and I don't want to force my training (read: no over-training). Training here in the winter is rough and going from 25 miles in Nov to 55 in Dec to 100+ in Jan is probably not a good idea. Reason #2 is cost. $125 entry fee + $300 airfare with money that currently is best spent elsewhere. Instead I will be raising money for the Ave of Giants Marathon in Early May (driving distance and only $60 entry!). The charity I will be raising money for is Back on my Feet.
#1 and #3 on this list are pending weather. I don't particularly want to drive 40 minutes to a shorter trail race if the temps will be 32 and rainy. Final race decisions on these will probably be made about one week from race date!
- Jan 30 - Willamette Mission Trail Challenge (6 miles) Salem
- Feb 13 - Twin Peaks 50/50 (RD) OrangeCounty
- Feb 27 - Buck Mountain Mudslinger Trail Run (6.5 miles) Salem
- Mar 14 – Shamrock Run (15K) Portland
- Apr 11 – Peterson Ridge Rumble (30K – birthday run!) Bend
- May 2 – Ave of Giants Marathon NorCal
- May 8 – Lake Run (12K) Lake Oswego
- Jun 20 – Mt Hood Scramble Mt. Hood
- Jul 10 – Harding Hustle 30K (RD) Orange County
Happy Running & Dirty Feet,