Here is what people have been saying about Twin Peaks 2008:
- Not much you can do when a surprise storm shows up. All things considered, you and your Team did an awesome job!!! Thank you very, very much for all of your hard work to plan, organize and execute such a great event!!!
- I was a bit surprised to find the Upper HJ aid station leaving when I went thru there the third time, but I’m not sure it was really needed – unless for the safety of hypothermic runners.
- You and your volunteers deserve a medal for actions beyond the call of duty for taking care of us in lousy conditions. Like I said in my earlier email, the aid stations on the Divide Trail and especially the top of Santiago (thx, Xy and JoAnn!) were the best. As the Forest Service officer said when he passed me when I was going up Santiago the second time, "All of you are crazy!". Thanks again for letting/helping us be crazy.
- THanks alot for a fun day out! You can’t control the weather and I actually enjoyed the change of weather. We were warned about cold and rain but many took a gamble not to dress warm-can imagine it’s hard to believe in ca. it can do that, but it obviously can!
- The aid stations were fine for those of us in the middle/back. Xy was at the top and I even got an offer to get in some bikers truck to warm up (politely refused). There were also a couple cars that went by to check on runners which was neat. shirts are great, very cool. liked the small groups staggered starts and overlaps so we could see each other at various points. potatoes a real good idea at stations. thanks again!
- The course was well marked, I never got lost, and the volunteers were terrific. I had stashed my light at the first aid station on the way up, but someone picked it up. Luckily an angel loaned me her light to get down the hill (in the rain), otherwise I would have been screwed.
- You are awesome Jess! You can’t control the weather conditions and I feel you did an amazing job, along with your volunteers, and made it well worth it!!
- Jessica, For my first race you left me a great impression of what this is all about and I really appreciate all your work and all volunteers work. Hopefully, I can return favor on your next event by volunteering my time.
- "Awesome job Jessica! This year’s Twin Peak’s was amazing again. It was a party out there! You have a way of bringing people together. A true gift! I love the finisher’s necklace! Congratulations!"
- "Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, it was a great race and you had some amazing volunteers out there who hung in there for us no matter what. You should be proud and very happy. Thank you for everything!"
- "Thank you so much for all of your effort into making your race amazing!! That was one tough course!! I loved it!! Mother Nature was wreaking havoc at Santiago Peak!! Great course markings, aid stations and I love the finishers necklace!! Very clever!!! Thanks for the incredible day Jess!!!!!!!"
- Jessia,THANK YOU again so much for loaning me your shoes! I really enjoyed my first 50k. you sure know how to plan a race! I have so many awesome memories of the day! I am thinking about signing up for twin peaks 2009, and if I do OR don’t my husband really enjoyed volunteering and will be happy to help again!
Thanks again for everything your awesome!
- Jessica & Abbie: Oh my gosh what an adventure for everyone today. Thanks for a great day. What an adventure, I don’t know what else to say- it was well organized, the runners were happy, it was just cold, windy and chilly which nobody could have done anything about!
- Thanks for a great race. The trails were very well marked and the
course was beautiful. My only complaint was that there was no gels or
salt tablets at the aid stations. Regardless, it was a good experience.
- Thanks to you, Jessica, for putting the whole thing together again. I
can only imagine what goes into planning such an event. Yea some of the
aid stations opened late, yea there could have been more hot soup and a
little more variety of food, yea there could have been less hills
(that’s what really wiped me out more than the weather, but then again
when you only average just over 20 miles a week training for a 50 its
gonna make for a grueling day regardless.) But honestly, I know you put
alot into this race and if the weather had been better things would
have been much smoother
- Thanks so much for putting together yet another terrific event! Thanks
for waiting for me till 8:00 pm. The course was great, weather was
awesome, people fantastic, motivating and supportive….what else could
we ask for?
- This is one tough course even in a perfect day. Can’t say I enjoy every minutes of it. Certainly enjoy the rush and happiness after crossing finish line with smiling face. The finisher’s necklaces were unique. One comment is the letter were so small, I can’t even tell what is what with my reading glasses and magnify glass. You may want to consider improve it or just go without finisher’s medal in the future.
- Please say “Thank you!” to all the volunteers. They all hang around with the windy, wet, cold condition. Even though they were short handed, they all give full attention and support to all of us. Couldn’t say enough “THANK YOU” to all of them for what a wonderful job.