It’s that time of year again. One thing I like about blogging, even though I don’t do it much lately, is the chance to look back at a written record of things you might otherwise have forgotten. In December there is always a flurry of posts across the internet like “Top 10 races of the year” or “best moments of 2010″ as well as “2011 race schedule” etc. 2010 also ends a decade (soft of), though technically that ended in 2009 since 2000-2009 is 10 years but hey, who’s counting
First a very high level overview of my life since 2000:
- In 2000 I was living in Minnseota
- In 2002 I had open heart surgery to repair a leaky mitral valve
- In 2003 I ran my first 5K race and completed the entire distance with no walking
- In 2005 I moved to California and took up running on a much more regular basis
- In 2005 I ran my first 1/2 Marathon and Marathon.
- In 2006 I started the Orange County Trail Runners group (now 200+ members)
- In 2006 I completed my first (and several) Ultra Marathons
- In 2007 I started the Twin Peaks Ultra Marathon
- In 2008 I moved lots, including to Portland, Oregon
- In 2009 I met Christina
- In 2009 I ran 3 more marathons (my slowest 3)
And in 2010:
- In January I went to visit my mom in Nevada after her boyfriend (basically my step dad) of nearly 30 years passed away)
- In February I put on the 3rd annual Twin Peaks Ultra Marathon
- In March I decided to start playing slow pitch softball again
- In March I had my best running Month of 2010
- In May I tore my ACL & MCL while playing softball when a girl plowed into me – no more running for a while!
- In June I joined the My Run film team
- In June we went to Minnesota for my step-dad’s funeral (and to spread my dad’s ashes). My brother’s girlfriend (basically my sister in law) had a stroke while we where there. He recovery is ongoing..
- In July I put on the first annual Harding Hustle 30K trail race.
- In July I had “surgery” to repair my ACL which turned out to be an exploratory surgery (not repair) since my doctor say my ACL up close and determined it was likely to heal on it’s own.
- In July I started biking (in the gym) a lot.
- In August I started running again!
- In September I started coaching a fall softball team (we finished 5-2!)
- In October I started playing Softball again for a few games. In my short stint during 3 games I batted over .700
- In November I joined the Eyes of Thailand film team
- In December I accepted a job in Southern California!
So there we have it. The good, the bad and the rainy!
Happy Running & Dirty Feet,