I’m moving my blog over to Facebook. I give up. Facebook won and it killed my blog. Head on over to http://www.facebook.com/jessdeline and like my page to get updates from me, race reports, product reviews, etc.
Yep. It was 1 year ago today that we left Portland, Oregon for a road trip to Carlsbad. We took 2 days so we arrived at our new home on January 6th. We also took pictures approximately every 15 minutes the entire trip down. If you haven’t seen this video before – here is the entire trip in 4 minutes.
That’s just about it – isn’t it? 2011 is nearly done. What a year it was, but aren’t they all?
Very early in 2011, we moved to the San Diego area (Carlsbad to be exact) for a new job. I was pretty excited to be getting out of the gloomy Pacific Northwest and it seemed like a cool company to work for. Turns out – it’s a pretty awesome job. It’s one of the first jobs I’ve truly loved in quite some time. I call that a win!
Shortly after moving here we tried to get involved with people as quickly as we could. Making new friends is a great way to get adjusted to a new area and it worked out pretty well! We also got involved rather quickly with the local softball scene. We were fortunate enough to get connected with a pretty awesome team our first year in the new league down in San Diego. So – some highlights of 2011:
- Moved to San Diego (January) & started a new job
- Worked on My Run documentary as Marketing/PR (all year)
- Worked as a producer on Eyes of Thailand (ongoing)
- Postponed Twin Peaks from February to October (new date going forward) due to extensive course damage
- Had some running issues (with my toe) that kept me out of too much running for the first half of the year
- Shot a documentary film for the Leona Divide Trail Race
- Started coaching a women’s softball team in Carlsbad (to be continued in 2012 along with a team in the San Diego league!)
- Put on an awesome Harding Hustle and Twin Peaks race
- Had a long run of just over 8 miles (longest run in about 18 months)
I could list more but I think my year is best summed up in pictures:
That’s all for now – I don’t think I even captured everything that happened in this past year.
Happy New Year!